Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Military History Fest 2015 - TIME WARP




















I am a little behind in our events- but I thought I'd share some photos of an indoor event we do in Chicago called Military History Fest. We had a lovely event-despite the huge winter storm. As far as a new gown. I was able to finish my gown from the Burnley and Trowbridge Italian Gown class I took.

It was a very busy weekend and we didn't get many photos. However, I was able to do a quick TIME WARP.
(Photos Below)

Before we get to the time warp I'll show you a few photos of my gowns for the event. Saturday was the big dress up day, so I wore my new Italian gown. In all honesty, it took me a while to finish it. I had a sleeve issue which took me a while to figure out. I finally had to add a piece to make it work,  after that it went together really fast. I was a little unsure about trim, because I'm not a fan of trimming gowns unless I self trim- but I had a time constraint and literally no fabric left for any self trim- so I had to make a choice and I went with velvet and metallic trim after looking at many fashion plates.  At first I was going to add a waist ribbon belt- but after rethinking things and adding the bows and trim- I felt it just needed a wonderful breast knot. I had never made one before, so one of my friends Mrs. Rockhold of The Fat Reenactress volunteered to help me out. I wanted it to be large and in charge and I LOVE IT!!!!  She also made me one for my hair which is really beautiful too.


                                           MY FINISHED ITALIAN GOWN

Sunday was a bit more relaxed and my favorite go to comfy gown is a zone front linen gown. I wear it a lot. My goal this year is to make myself a matching 1780-1790 petticoat and jacket as well as make Patrick a new outfit. We also are thinking about traveling into the Civil War.. so that will be a new and exciting adventure.
                                                                                 

                                           SUNDAY LINEN ZONE FRONT GOWN


As for my hair. It's a wig with my own hair blended in front to make it look as if it was all my own hair. The wig and my hair are pomaded and powdered. I started by pomading and powdering my hair and then I set it in foam curlers overnight and went from there.
Check out the video here:  Hedgehog Hair Video
Want to see how I applied my Historical Makeup and which products I used? Here

                                              SO NOW FOR MY TIME WARP!!

I first journeyed to a Roman Tavern complete with graffiti

Next I hung out to with the Templars

We Chatted & Exchanged Recipes and Cures. They Taught me how to remove an arrow from Flesh!

On to 16th Century England- I didn't stay long...

Then Somehow ended up in the Spanish American War- which I admit I don't know much about...


From there... well you can tell.. the bearded guy looks a little confused that I'm standing there.


So then I decided I needed a snack at the Field Kitchen.. Service wasn't top notch...but getting off my feet...was great!


Next Up Was WWII Field Hospital.. I'm actually a super fast typer and so my stills were appreciated... I told them I can't be held responsible for spelling mistakes...


All the sudden I found myself with a machine gun in the Vietnam War... But honestly I had to have a quick lesson on how to hold said gun.... shows how many firearms I handle.. lol
They said I did pretty good for a first timer.. 

That Was An Excellent Adventure!

After my time warp- I realized 

A: I probably should get back to the LBCC Shop 
B: I was tired and hungry. 
C: It was time for CAKE!
YUMMMM

So that was pretty much the weekend.

  
If you haven't check out Military History Fest. You should. It's really fun and on Saturday Night.. there is a BALL! 










3 comments: